Saturday, May 8, 2010

Summertime to-dos

Since I've started blogging, I have been reading other blogs and seems to be attracted to any on decorating. So now, I'm consistently looking at parts of my house to improve. Here's a list on things I'd like to do in the next few months:

1. Get a rug for the kitchen sitting area. It gets full sun so this would protect the wood and it needs some help. Considering valences to add spark.
2. Make, or more likely have made, a valence for the kitchen window. I have been goo-goo eyed over some designs in Calico Corners.
3. Do something with the entry way - new rug, entryway table, and or carpet runner for the stairs.
4. Paint the side garage door and front door.
5. Replace the mailbox.
6. Replace (definitely a hired job) the rotten wood on our porch and paint it.
7. Paint the 1/2 bath off the kitchen and actually decorate it.

That's quite a list for me. Don't know that it'll be complete by the end of the summer. But, looking at what others are doing is inspiring. Promise to add before and afters of the projects:)

No comments:

Post a Comment