Saturday, June 4, 2011

Vintage vanity turned distressed desk with chair

I completely forgot a before of the chair but it was just boring brown with ugly fabric and now it's fabulous floral:) I like it pairs beautifully with the desk I distressed. The desk was an auction find and has and attachable trifold mirror to serve as a vanity.

Before

Before... I do love that nature distressed look.

After

After of that one side... looked amazing with the paint. Love me some chalk paint! Used old white chalk paint by Anne Sloan and sanded the top and stained it dark walnut. And, of course, clear wax on it all.

After with some dark wax to make the key holes and pulls look well used.

Paired with the chair

The pulls were amazing untouched.


For a finishing touch, I lined the drawers with decorative contact paper. This is in our space and it's looking for a home:)

No comments:

Post a Comment