Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ottoman transformed!!

BEFORE
Can you tell I lived in Florida!



AFTER


I think it looks amazing!

It has changed the character of the room completely. I have quite a bit of warm colors on the first floor so the silvery blue adds a nice contrast.

Here's a close up. We made the cording from striped fabric that I'm using on coordinating reversible pillows. And below, is one of those pillows I made last night. I stayed up way past my bedtime to get it going. All I have is the hand sewn closure to do. I envision more late night to come in order to complete the seven pillows left!

Not bad if I do say so myself. This is the first real pillow I've made! I have to give a big shout out to my partner in redecorating crime, Deb! She has given the push and guidance to just go for it. Thanks!!


Here's the striped fabric on the reverse of the pillow. That will also be used as cording of other pillows. So much to do but it'll be well worth it!

2 comments:

  1. It looks SO GOOD!!! I'm so impressed!!! :)
    also... my word verification is: "feardso" - feared so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. You know it looks very professional. Like something you would buy in a store. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete