Saturday, February 12, 2011

Moving onward and upward to the master bedroom

During my marathon pillow making, my hand-me-down 20 year old Singer machine broke. So, here's my super shiny fancy new Viking Emerald 183 machine. It is AWESOME! I can do the basic sewing now but it comes with 2 two hour classes to teach you how to use the machine - SERIOUSLY! WOW! I'm seeing many future projects - one day making dresses for Julia. If you told me even a month ago I'd care about having a sewing machine, I'd think you were crazy. But, I've got the bug to sew! It's fun to see what I can do and I LOVE picking fabrics.

And, here are my choices for my master bedroom. I'll be doing reversible euro pillows with the stipes and floral using the green/white circle fabric for cording and for a center 22 in pillow. The blue geometric will be a 14x36 lumbar pillow in the front. I was inspired by Sarah's House (a HGTV show that is about Sarah redesigning rooms). It's going to look fabulous! Can you tell I'm ready for Spring!!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! The gorgeous trellis patterns! The jacobean floral! The beautiful colors!
    Seriously. Next time I need fabric, you're coming with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, you saw it before the text but these are going in my bedroom! Love it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE picking fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete