Tuesday, April 27, 2010

An unusual week

This week is an unusual week for the Rhamy household. My husband, Scott, has taken the week off. His dream of video distribution for the entire house is finally happening this week. So, I suggested he be off from work to oversee the project. Fortunately, the company installing is more than capable so this gives him an opportunity for some son and dad time. My son, Jackson who is 4, is over the top excited to do "all the fun things" with his daddy. On the agenda for the week: trip to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, lunch at Burger King (more to play than eat), bowling, Chuck E. Cheese, and of course, going for ice cream. He loved the idea of leaving his "mischief maker" sister, Julia, behind. It's a rarity that he gets to do things just with daddy so I'm excited for him to have this week.

Plus, at the end of the week, our house will truly be a"smart" house with wall paneled controls for lights, TVs, locks on the doors etc. With a push of a button, we'll be able to turn off all the lights, lock all the doors, set the alarm, and cozy down in bed for sleep. Awesome! This isn't something that I'd ever plan to have for our house, but my technologically advanced husband is super excited. I have to admit it will be amazing to have everything distributed from one source in the house. Streamlining to the nth degree! Thanks to control 4!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it!!! I'm so glad you've joined the blog-o-sphere! And I'm honored to be included on your blog reel! Blog land is an addicting world. And I think you're totally right, it's going to be awesome to have something to look back at and see all the crazy adventures your family has had.
    We need pictures of this crazy "smart house" when it's done!

    ReplyDelete