Wednesday, April 28, 2010

From 60 to 0 in minutes...

Today was a work day. Ok... that was quite a silly statement because what day isn't a work day. Let me rephrase, I put my professional PA hat on today. It started off with a complete physical exam which is one of my favorite appointment. Gives me ample time to talk to my patients and get to know them better. Plus, I get to focus on details (cancer screening, heart disease risk factors, immunizations, family history, etc...). And, try to motivate them to make positive changes in their life. Unfortunately, it seems that weight loss is an extremely common discussion these days. I always love it when people make changes and are successful. That is one of the main reasons I do what I do. So, the AM continued into back pain, wrist pain, more back pain.... multiple patients getting Xrays which breaks up their visit. So, saw 12 patients in the AM then after lunch feeling good that the afternoon will be full and fast. And the brakes went on....only 2 patients.... painful!

No comments:

Post a Comment